Monday, July 27, 2009

Hello again,

So it has been a busy few weeks! We had such a fun time visiting the Silver Spring Boys and Girls Club. We made a video about the Impact Experiment we did with them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5MRMHeHWsU

We're going to send this to the clubs nationwide so everyone can give it a try.

Our webinar was a really wonderful experience for me personally. It was so amazing to get to talk to kids who are so clearly interested and who have such great questions. I'd like to thank all the participants who joined us and stuck with us through all the technical difficulties. I'd also like to thank Andrea, Aaron, Grant, Cynthia, Krystal, Lai, Ian, CJ, Luke and Rob for being so awesome and working so hard to make the webinar a success. You guys rock! I was so impressed with you ability to adapt to the changing circumstances. I'd also like to thank Aaron and Grant for making that * amazing * video about robots. I thought it came out great. I was so disappointed that we didn't get to show them the whole thing at the webinar, but you guys have 148 views on youtube :D

Outreach work is something that I feel is extremely important. I think that it is our duty as scientists to tell the public about what we're doing, but especially so to young people. We have the chance to really get them interested in science for their whole life long. My biggest hope is that we reached some kids in our webinar and that, maybe they'll consider sciences more seriously. So I'm really excited that we got to do some outreach of our own.

I hope to get some follow up from the Boys and Girls Club which I am going to Blog about.

So once again thanks to everyone for making this a success!

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment